How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Carmel
Remote work is the new normal for many employees, whether you live in a house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t enjoy the benefit of a bonus bedroom to use as your home office, but you may still create a worthy work area. Review these easy suggestions and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Carmel.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Carmel
- Pick the right desk. Selecting an appropriately sized desk to accommodate your area is essential. If you’re using a laptop, the desk only needs to be about 20 inches deep. Your work surface is ideally about 28 inches above the floor and may be any width that works for your space. Be sure you have space for an extra monitor. You'll be happy you have one when you have PDFs up, a web conference going, and various other windows open. Really limited on square footage? Consider a two-tier collapsible desk you can stow away when not in use.
- Where might your desk go? If you can put your desk neatly into a corner, wonderful! But you might have to get more creative when positioning. A slim desk may be placed directly behind a sofa. You could integrate a small rug and table lamp to designate the location as your home office. An unused wall in your room will also work. Hang some pictures or intermix a plant or two so you aren’t staring at a blank wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re short on space, utilize your desk for multiple functions. Move it next to your bed to double as a nightstand. Or forgo a desk completely and work from your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Install floating shelves. These home office space savers work nicely when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have additional room for supplies or decor and can easily blend shelving into your room’s particular layout.
Would You Like To Mix Things Up? Consider Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another option in your own living quarters? Implement a compact standing desk so you can get up and stretch your legs. A reasonably priced laptop stand may help get your device at the right height.
Here are a handful of extra space-saving things you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Carmel:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that works nicely beneath the table
- Small storage compartments that can fasten to the your monitor
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and children
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Midtown Flats
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at Midtown Flats. We have various floor plans to accommodate your living and working needs. Schedule a tour of our Carmel property or contact us at 317-597-4596 if you need additional information.