If you’re searching for a new home, you’ll discover different types of apartment buildings in Carmel. Most fall into one of three categories: low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise. But which kind of apartment is better for you? Evaluating the pros and cons of each one will help you determine what type of apartment you would like to call home.
The Pros And Cons Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically feature at least ten stories. You’ll find them in downtown areas where their elevation lets them accommodate many people within a reasonable horizontal area. Individuals who prefer residing in high-rise apartments like them for the following reasons:
- High-rise structures offer amazing views of Carmel.
- You find them downtown within walking distance shops, restaurants, and nightlife. A great deal of high-rises also boast eating options or shops on the first floor.
- They will lower your commute if you have a job or go to school in the area.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so there’s no need to climb a staircase.
- When living in a high-rise, all of your property’s occupants reside in the same structure. This can promote a stronger sense of community as you chat in the lobby or when using the elevator. You could also enjoy the service of a concierge or porter.
Although it has many benefits, residing in a high-rise isn’t for all people. Living in an urban high-rise is entertaining and thrilling for many, but you probably won’t like it if you prefer peace and quiet. Heading out to work or school might also take a few more minutes when you live in a high-rise, and an urban center may have a limited amount of nearby parking spots. As a final note, high-rise units can be smaller to pack more homes into a set amount of space.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When considering different types of apartment buildings in Carmel, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style buildings are the opposite ofhigh-rises. They typically have four or fewer floors and are situated away from the city center. You normally find many low-rise buildings on one property with an abundance of outdoor area surrounding them.
What are the reasons why you should think about a low-rise over other types of apartment buildings in Carmel?
- Low-rise properties feature more apartments on the first floor, offering simpler accessibility to the building.
- Low-rise properties often have more [parking spots for tenants and others.
- There’s extra exterior room to explore if you have a pet or a preference for a natural setting outside your window rather than a bustling downtown intersection.
- You’ll live in the relative tranquility of the suburbs.
- You share hallways and common spaces with fewer folks and have a greater amount of privacy.
Even so, not all people seeks these advantages. If you have a preference for the buzz and nightlife of downtown lifestyles, a more serene low-rise property won’t be a good fit. Based on where you work or study, you might have a lengthy commute from your low-rise unit as well.
The Pros And Cons Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings consist of five to nine levels. You’ll see mid-rise apartments in both downtown and suburban areas, so they blend the perks of other types of apartment buildings in Carmel:
- When finding a mid-rise unit in outlying areas, you’ll enjoy a serene setting and natural environs combined with the camaraderie of residing in a taller building.
- If you choose a mid-rise apartment in the urban area of Carmel, you won’t have as many neighbors as a high-rise but you may still take part in bustling city life.
Having Trouble Deciding The Type Of Apartment Building You Want? Come See Alluring Midtown Flats
At Midtown Flats, we integrate a beautiful property with a preferred area to offer an amazing apartment living experience. Dial 317-597-4596 or request a tour to explore our spacious apartments and impressive amenities for yourself.