Whether it’s spring cleaning season or your Carmel apartment simply looks grubby, a detailed cleaning will have it looking its best again. It can be easy to get overburdened when taking on more than you can handle at once. To make cleaning your unit less stressful, we’ve created an apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel tenants.
Your Carmel Apartment Cleaning Checklist For All Spaces
Do these chores in all spaces of your apartment before taking on individual rooms to be as efficient as possible. Utilize this apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel to track your progress.
- Throw away clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Clean places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Wipe off all interior walls and baseboards.
- Wash windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wash or dust window treatments.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and remove any stains or blemishes.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and all other areas of all ceiling fans.
- Take your trash out.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
Regardless of whether you like having friends over or relaxing on your own, keep your living room orderly and accommodating with a proper cleaning.
- Revive furniture by vacuuming and spot cleaning. Utilize a vacuum attachment to remove hair if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Be sure that essential items like remotes are located nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
The multitude of messes in the dining room are from food. If you have food remnants stuck to the floor or table, put a warm, damp rag on top of it for a minute to loosen it up.
- Brush loose crumbs off tabletops and seats and pay attention to tacky places.
- Dust chair backs and legs.
- Polish a wood table or employ a glass-cleaning product on your glass furniture.
- Go with a feather duster to address display shelves with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
Kitchens are often messy and sticky from your daily meal prep. You can use standard cleaning products to cut through those greasy stains, but a few everyday materials can do the job too.
- Wipe off cabinetry with soapy water on a cloth followed by a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Wipe down kitchen counters with an appropriate product for your specific material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Clean the sink with a mixture of baking soda and a bit of water. Some baking soda in the garbage disposal will aid in removing odors. Wash it away with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar inside. Once complete, wipe it out with a clean rag.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the dampened air loosen up burned-on food debris. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Wash stovetop components in the sink. Spray the oven door and stove with a store-bought cleaning solution or an equal mixture of vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Act in accordance with your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or just use the mix of baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Utilize a food-safe cleaning product or an equal blend of vinegar and water to clean the the fridge shelves and interior; then wipe away whatever’s left with a wet rag. Once done, move the fridge and get the floor below with a broom.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
If you dread bathroom cleaning, take on these quick cleaning tasks once a day to prevent your bathroom from becoming too dirty.
- Wipe off the mirror with glass cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Wipe down counters with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar and water on a clean rag.
- Wipe down cabinets with a mild liquid soap and follow with a a soft rag.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe down your toilet exterior with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Scrub the tub and shower with a vinegar mix or a suitable cleaner.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Carmel
You’ll sleep better when your bedroom’s clean!
- Straighten up or reorganize your closet.
- Dust any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Routinely wash the bedding.
- Collect your dirty clothes from the floor and put them in the hamper.
- Make use of an extendable dusting tool to dust under the bed.
Choose A Spacious Apartment At Midtown Flats
A dirt-free unit feels nice, but in some instances you might want a new apartment instead. Check out the dazzling, spacious apartments at Midtown Flats. Contact our leasing team at 317-597-4596 or arrange a tour to learn more.